Position: Full Time Confectioner & Logistics Specialist (2 positions available)
Start date: Immediately
Location: 3483 S Broadway, Englewood CO 80113 (12 min from Downtown Denver)
No previous candy making experience required. Training will be made available.
We’re searching for hard working new confectioners who are enthusiastic about working in a high paced work candy manufacturing environment.
Individual must have a positive outlook and know how to both work in a team environment and also be a self-starter. No experience is currently necessary, all training will be provided.
Reliability and punctuality is a must with occasional after hours and weekends required.
Besides creating our gorgeous signature candy, you would be cross-trained to assist with twisting and tying, packaging, and shipping out orders.
· Teamwork: A team member who works well with others, going above and beyond for their team when it is needed.
· Hard working: All SCC team members are expected to work hard everyday and roll up their sleeves when necessary. No job is beneath you.
· Positivity: A team member who brings a positive outlook and attitude to their everyday tasks.
· Reliable: A team member who shows up for their team, is punctual and is willing to work after 5pm and during weekends when needed.
· Self-motivation: A team member who is well versed in their daily responsibilities and are proactive with project deadlines.
· Marketable: A team member who represents SCC in a professional and friendly manner at all times.
· Creativity: A team member who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty if necessary -glitter included- we are The Original Sparkle Lollipops,after all!
· Learn and conceptualize SCC lollipop line and designs confidently and with attention to detail.
· Be proficient in SCC candy line, pricing, customization options and price sheet/discounts offerings.
· Managing day to day orders, both large and small.
· Design and produce lollipop orders in a detailed and timely manner.
· Customer Service. In the occasion that you interact with customers, our main responsibility is to always be attentive and provide the best customer service. A friendly and professional demeanor is always required.
· Be able to meet deadlines and ship-out dates.
· Keeping a clean environment, including work station, floors, sink(and contents) and the occasion cleaning of storefront and bathroom on a scheduled calendar.
· Reliability is of the highest importance at Sweet Caroline Confections. We expect team members to be punctual, and be available for large projects after 5pm and on weekends as long as requested in a timely manner.Schedule flexibility, with the ability to work evenings,weekends and some holidays.
· Be responsible for opening and closing of storefront when requested.
· Attend weekly team meetings and collaborate on new projects, ideas and brainstorming sessions.
· Attend food preparation courses & small business meetings/trainings outside of office, when necessary.
· Must have reliable means of transportation, and be able to make short drives in and around shop area, if necessary. Mileage would be covered.
· Training and managing of new employees, if and when requested.
· Teamwork. We cannot emphasize this enough. We highly value teammembers who work well with others, sometimes being cross trained to work in other positions. Team members are not restricted to what is written in these responsibilities and are encouraged to work in a self-driven yet collaborative manner at all times.
o Confectionary and/or bakery experience is a plus, but not necessary.
o Be proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
o Be proficient with internet browser/Safari.
o Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds of sugar, and lift heavy items if necessary.
o Must be able to be on your feet up to 8 hours a day (excluding breaks and lunch hour).